Friday, June 11, 2010

Dawn Heese and More MRQG quilt show

Yesterday I stopped in Speciaty Quilts, Jefferson City, MO to check out the shop hop quilt.......it's a beautiful quilt, the theme this year was black and white!!!! Great job on that quilt, girls!!!  They are participating in a shop hop that ends Saturday afternoon.  Anyway, while I was there I got to meet a great quilt designer/teacher who specializes in applique, Dawn Heese, author/designer of the quilt book Geese in the Rose Garden and the layer cake applique pattern, French Wrens(which I bought yesterday woohoo, also bought my EQ7 upgrade, yea).  See Dawn's patterns and blog here, Linen Closet Quilts, lots of great things there that you will like!!!  She is a wonderful person and we talked for quite awhile about patterns, blogs and applique.  We talked so long that my son who was very patiently waiting in the car finally came in to hurry me on out of there, imagine that, lol.  I enjoyed meeting you Dawn, thanks for all the useful information. Your applique designs are beautiful and you do needleturn to perfection!!
Back to more quilts from the quilt show..........................

colors prettier in real life, here they appear much grayer.

has 3-d flowers, very cute
Okay, now am at the point where I can;t remember which pictures I posted and which I didn't.  If I can figure that out I may post a few more in a few days, but who knows??  it was fun...........no back to stitching, have to complete monday's mystery stitch.  Then to decide what to do next!! Hmmmmmm??  any requests?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quilt show- they are very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful quilts! Thanks for showing us.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I always read them and hopefully answer as many as possible. Cyndi